Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Lord's Prayer (on 11/12/10)

So I was just thinking today about things, and I know I have different beliefs than a lot of the people around me. I don't know exactly what those beliefs mean for me or my relation with the Christian church, but I figured I'd make my own version of the Lord's Prayer to reflect on some of the beliefs I hold at this particular moment in time. I'll probably elaborate on this more in another post, but I want to get to sleep right now.

Our creator
Who art in everything
Hallowed be thy World.
Thy kingdom is here and now
Thy will is being done
On Earth through all things as pieces of heaven.
Every person this day deserves daily bread.
Forgive us our selfishness
As we educate those (including ourselves) who are ignorant to injustice.
Let us not sit idly in complacency with the World's problems,
But move us to action in love.
For thine is the splendor, the wonder, and the mystery.
Forever and ever and ever and ever.
Salaam.

That's what I'm feeling at this particular moment. Of course, that doesn't capture everything I believe, but it is a slight indicator. Anyway. That's all for now. Sleepytime!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat-
    I probably can't completely understand where you are coming from, but from what I do it seems as though this prayer tries to fit God into our world and making him the God we want him to be. When God, in reality, created us. He gave us free choice and people don't always choose him, that is why this world is so broken. Brokenness isn't a part of God's perfect plan but the brokenness is the reason we need him to be our Savior. I'd love to talk to you about this and hear your thoughts. Have a great day!
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I very much dislike when religion justifies present suffering by saying that those who suffer in this world will achieve some great afterlife. True equality happens in the present. Also glad to see that you remember your little lesson from convocation. :)

    ReplyDelete